Sunday, December 30, 2012

In two days, it will be a new year, with new goals,  new experiences, and (of course) renewed hope that I can make myself into a respectable blogger!

A couple of weeks ago, I committed myself to the looming task of tackling a 50 mile trail run in Northern Wisconsin.  The Ice Age Trail 50 will be run Saturday, May 11th.  The race actually sold out in under 3 days!  I'm very excited not only to run this race, but to see how my body adjusts and evolves into being a ultra marathon runner!

Given the insane amount of running required to train for this event, I'm reducing the amount of weightlifting throughout the week.  Speaking of weightlifting....

I just set a personal flat bench press p.r. of 260# !!!!  It's the heaviest I've ever been able to press and, to be honest, I'm been riding a tsunami of self satisfaction all week!  The pr came after running a fast 6 miles on the treadmill, so I'd like to think I could even hit 265#.

So, summing it up and closing with a commitment:  I will be running 50 miles in 20 weeks.  I've set the goal at  finishing in 9 hrs (or less).  I'm also committing myself to posting once a week (likely on Sundays) what my running (and lifting?) week has looked like, as well as what interesting photos I can take along the trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment