Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Whoaa - two weeks and no posts?!?!  I am not taking my new found, late 20's duty of blogging very seriously.  It's been an interesting past two weeks for both personal and training/running/biking reasons.  I'll be sure to update this blog later tonight in more detail, but I'll simply outline a couple of the fun activities I've been up to.

The month of March opened up with my very first obstacle/adventure run: Ruckus Run!  I placed in the top 10% and qualified to run the whole thing a SECOND TIME later that day.  Suffice it to say I felt worse at the end of that second run than I did the last 10K of my first marathon last year.  Rough!

This past Sunday, I had a "big ride" bug biting me all week that was finally actualized in the form of a 55 mile bike ride from St Louis to Alton, starting at the Mississippi River Trail.  It was an absolutely gorgeous ride.  We took our time and made room in the schedule for several breaks, along with a short lunch (of trail mix and granola bars!) in Alton.  The overall time came out around 6 hrs, but accounting for all the break I'd say we were closer to 4.5 hrs.

More to come tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment